Professional Management Experience and diverse consulting skills make PMA the logical choice.
Mary C. J. Roberts, Project Management Professional
The career of Mary C. J. Roberts, spanning 25+ years, has given immense professional management experience which covers a wide variety of project types, including: high-end Class A office, R&D laboratories, warehousing & distribution, manufacturing plants, and retail projects. Ms. Roberts spent six years (1988 to 1994) representing a large developer in Southern California, managing hundreds of projects with a construction budget of $15 million per year. Twenty years ago, Ms. Roberts established a consultancy firm representing tenants, Owners and developers. During that time, Ms. Roberts has been an advocate for her clients in all phases of the project, from lease or purchase negotiation, design, plancheck and permitting, construction & bidding, and fixturization. The consultancy firm, Project Management Advisors, Incorporated, has grown over the past twenty years to include a client list of national firms, such as Pacific Life Insurance, American Red Cross, Quest Diagnostics and Siemens Business Communications, and local firms, such as Ansys Diagnostics (now Varian), Orthodyne Electric, Applied Medical, Pomona Valley Hospital, and Professional Community Management.
Ms. Roberts is unique in the field of project management consulting, as she possesses three state licenses in real estate related disciplines. She is a California licensed general contractor (B-562377), a California Certified Interior Designer (#0059), and a California Real Estate Broker (#001133613). In addition, she holds a life-time vocational teaching credential and has taught Project Management in the Interior Design departments at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa and Rancho Santiago College for approximately ten years. Finally, Ms. Roberts has a (BA) degree in Environmental Design from California State University Fullerton, graduating in 1983 with High Honors. With these professional licenses and diverse educational background, Ms. Roberts is well-equipped to act as Team Leader for the variety of disciplines needed to complete ground-up or tenant improvement projects.
The focus of Ms. Roberts’ involvement as a consultant in any project is to save the client money and time. The cost savings are achieved through aggressive but fair competitive bidding of all components, communication facilitation, disciplined document control, schedule control and proactive direction of the team members. With her vast professional consulting experience, on large projects Ms. Roberts can usually save the client 3 to 4 times her fee.
In addition, the values and expertise that Ms. Roberts brings to a project include:
- Budget control through proper forecasting, value engineering, and bidding
- Schedule control using proper documentation, phasing, and fast-track methods
- Single source of accountability to minimize the amount of time the Client must devote to the project
- Maximum efficiency of all team members time, thereby reducing fees
- Wide base of expertise in a variety of components, such as high-pile storage racks, fire suppression, security & access systems, voice/data systems & cabling, computer rooms, signage, furniture, audio/visual, “lean manufacturing” systems, distribution methodology, etc.
- Ability to motivate all team members to perform at their highest level
- Acts as the Team Leader to facilitate communication with the variety of entities required to complete such a project, including architects, engineers, specialty consultants, furniture and equipment vendors, general contractors, subcontractors, Landlord, government agencies, Fire Department, movers, etc.
Experience with all phases of a project, such as negotiations and contracts, design processes, construction processes, and fixturization enables Ms. Roberts provide management consultation using a wide base of professional expertise, proving invaluable in shaping strategic real estate planning recommendations.